Last updated: 8/05/2019
At our core, Threshold is about creating friendly and inclusive spaces that celebrate creative freedom, diversity of thought and intellectual curiosity, and we’re committed to ensuring that every event (called Threshows from here on) reflects these values.
Threshold brings together a diverse community of people who follow a broad array of Artists and attend a variety of Threshows around the world. We take the integrity of our community and platform very seriously and we are committed to operating it in a safe, secure, legal and respectful way.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Community Guidelines so you understand the types of activities that are acceptable and prohibited on the Threshold Platform.
Express yourself authentically and inspire your community with your unique craft
Your fans love you for the unique and talented person that you are. We encourage you to use your gifts honestly, passionately and for the betterment of our world.
Create memorable and welcoming Threshows
Whether you're putting on a performance, informance (lecture) or transformance (workshop), we encourage you to create Threshows that your fans will always remember and which speak to our higher selves as human beings– those things that unite us rather than tear us apart.
Use original content
You are welcome to use content (photos, videos, logos, and copy) in your Artist profile or Threshow listing that you've created yourself, or legally procured, provided that it is not hateful or explicit in nature, or otherwise in violation of these Guidelines. This content is yours and your alone. Threshold has now ownership in it and will never reproduce it without your prior written consent.
Sell your merch
You are also welcome to sell any of your Artist-related merchandise at your Threshow. Please make sure you are staying within legal rules associated with those items and only sell merchandise that you've created, has been licensed to you, or has otherwise been made legally available to you and Threshow attendees.
You may not use Threshold to post content or engage in any conduct that is (in our sole evaluation) offensive, harmful, or inappropriate for general audiences, or that we believe constitutes or is likely to encourage or promote any harmful, violent, or illegal activity or outcome. Below, you will find more information about the types of activities, Threshows, and content that are not permitted on or through the Threshold Platform.
DON’T Promote Illegal or Inappropriate Activities
Threshold may not be used to facilitate harmful or criminal activity of any kind. You may not create or promote Threshows on the Threshold Platform that constitute or promote any of the following, as determined by Threshold:
- Explicit sexual activity (including escort services) or pornography
- Illegal gambling activity (whether illegal under any U.S. federal or state law, or non-U.S. law)
- Sale or ingestion of illegal drugs, other illegal substances, or nutraceuticals
- Cannabis, cannabis samples or cannabis-infused products provided for free, for purchase by the Organizer, or as part of the ticket price, attendee sharing of cannabis, or dispensary tours
- Activities that principally promote any other commercial product or service, such as an "infomercial," unless such promotion is expressly indicated to users in a legally sufficient way, such as through a prominent "Advertisement" disclosure
- Unauthorized multi-level marketing businesses
- The sale of live animals
- The poaching or selling of endangered species or their parts.
- Credit repair services
- Activities that demean, harass, intimidate, threaten or express hatred toward any societal group, whether based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or veteran status
- Sale, distribution or unlawful use of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury
- Terrorist activity or organized criminal activity.
DON’T Post Hateful/Dangerous Content, or Threshows By Hateful/Dangerous Organizations
Threshold does not permit content or organizations that promote or encourage hate, violence, or harassment towards others and/or oneself on– or through– the Threshold Platform. Specifically, we prohibit content or organizations that promote hate towards or the harassment of individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. This prohibition extends to the public promotion of this type of prohibited behavior whether or not specific to the Threshow or content appearing as part of the Threshold Platform.
DON’T Post Harmful or Illegal Content
We expect you to respect the individuals, organizations, and groups that are a part of the Threshold community. You may not distribute any written or other content through the Threshold Platform that:
- Impersonates any person or entity, including without limitation any governmental officials or public figure; falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity; or expresses or implies that Threshold endorses any statement you make without express written approval to do so,
- Promotes or encourages hate or dangerous content (as we've also described above),
- Defames or libels any other person,
- Invades any person's privacy, or contains a person's likeness without their permission,
- Harasses, threatens or seeks to intimidate any person (also described above),
- Is fraudulent, deceptive or tortious, or
- Is protected by copyright, trademark or trade secret law, unless you have the express prior written consent of the owner of such right.
DON’T sell tickets to other events or engage in prohibited sales or advertising
Threshold is a platform for Artists to create an Artist profile and offer tickets to their own Threshows. The platform may not be used to sell tickets to other events, sell physical goods beyond those associated with the Threshow, administer raffles, sweepstakes, contests or games of chance of any nature, or otherwise facilitate the sale of anything other than a ticket for your own Threshow. You may not use the Threshold Platform to:
- Collect or extract any information from the Platform for any commercial purpose, such as to resell information (whether personal or other information), or create a new dataset or service,
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme", survey, investment opportunity, or any other form of commercial solicitation (except for sponsored Threshows themselves).
DON’T tamper with the Threshold Platform
To maintain the security and integrity of the Threshold Platform, you may not do any of the following:
• Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Threshold Platform or the servers or networks used to make the Platform available
• Post, transmit through or release into the Threshold Platform a virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, spyware, rootkit, cancelbot, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment
• Access, or program any technology to access the Platform through any robot or "bot," crawling or scraping technology, or other extraction technology (for any purpose)
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Platform, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Platform, through password mining or any other means.
DON’T Infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights of Others
You may not upload or distribute content on Threshold that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements). This includes, but is not limited to, all images, logos, videos, and text uploaded on your Artist profile or Threshow listing. Additionally, you may not do the following on the Threshold Platform:
• Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Platform or any material displayed by the Platform
• Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion or aspect of the Platform.
If you have identified an unauthorized use of your intellectual property on Threshold, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DON’T invade other people’s privacy
You may not use the Threshold Platform to collect credit card numbers, social security numbers, financial information, or other sensitive information.
DON’T post explicit content
We understand that nudity and/or graphic content might play a role in some Artists’ craft. But, because Threshold caters to a diverse audience, you may not post any content that contains nudity or violence or any kind. This applies to all content on the Threshold Platform, including but not limited to images, videos, descriptions and chat messages.
To ensure a general level of safety and appropriateness for the majority of our community, we will remove– at our discretion– any content that exposes certain parts of the body, celebrates violence, or is intended to shock the viewer.
How to Flag and Process for Review
Our goal is to promote a safe and respectful community. If you learn that an image, video, description, chat message, or any other content, violates these Community Guidelines or our Terms and Conditions, please contact us at email@example.com right away. We will review each report. Depending on the nature of the report, we may or may not follow up with you. It's also important to remember that Threshold encourages a diverse, global community; content that you find offensive or controversial may not violate our Community Guidelines, and not result in your desired action. We truly value your feedback and the opportunity to hear from our community.
Violations of our Community Guidelines
If we determine that a piece of content violates our Community Guidelines, we may remove only the relevant content, we may remove the Host, Artist, Fan or Threshow, or take alternative action that Threshold determines to be appropriate given the circumstances surrounding the content. If the abuse of our Platform is serious and severe (in our sole evaluation), we may also suspend or terminate the associated Threshold account. Note that certain content, while not in violation of our Community Guidelines, may not be appropriate for the majority of our community. In these cases, we may decide to make the content private. If we believe there is a legitimate risk of physical harm to someone or a group of people, or direct threats to public safety, we not only take action on our site, but will also work with law enforcement, as appropriate and at our discretion. If you or someone you know is in immediate danger as a result of content posted on Threshold, please first contact your local law enforcement agency. Once you have reported the issue to law enforcement, report the issue directly to Threshold.